I've been using the BRIAN BUFFINI online Referral Directory but am finding it to be complicated and not really user friendly. I was reading another blog the other day and something I read sparked this idea and I tried it out and I like the look MUCH BETTER and it seems more user friendly to me.
I'd love your comments after you take a look at the directory.
Everyone knows that networking includes creative methods of:
- Keeping your name in front of your network.
- Keeping your network in the public eye to maximize their exposure for referrals from you and your clients.
Keeping a Business Referral Directory is an important networking tool and excellent value to your clients. You can turn a FREE BLOG site such as www.blogspot.com (Google's FREE blog site) into your ONLINE BUSINESS REFERRAL DIRECTORY.
Here's the steps. (I've only done this at Blogger.com but I'm guessing the process is similar at other sites)
- Set up a blog.
- Each of your "listings" is an individual post.
- Do a WELCOME POST (see mine here)
- PUBLISH the post, then go BACK INTO THE POST TO EDIT
- Adjust its posting date to a date about a year in the future (you'll see why in a minute)
- RE-PUBLISH the post
- This will allow you to assign any number of labels to each business. For example, you can label your plumber as HOME REPAIR, PLUMBING, and HANDYMAN if you'd like.
- I also put in a LINK section at the very top to return people to one of my two web pages as that's likely where they came from to get to the Directory.
- I put a 'post' titled AND LABELED "**Click here if you can't find what you want" that asks clients to call me if I don't have what they need listed. This keeps you in the loop and helps you find needed additional vendors. (the ** at the beginning of the label just puts that label always at the TOP OF THE LIST)
Get creative and let the good times roll.
If you've already done this, I'd love to see your directory. Please leave the link address in your comment.
Dennis Volz Insurance Agency
Spring Valley, CA
OFFICE: (619) 670-1000 - FAX: (619) 670-1121 - Cell (619) 339-1339
Company Site: DennisVolzInsurance.COM,
Client Convenience Site: 6701000.com